Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Farm fun!

I am so excited about our new unit!  The kids LOVE learning about the different animals, plants, and food that are on and come from the farm.  We have been reading a ton of books, learning all kinds of facts, using a search engine to find pictures (a bit of risky business, but an important skill), and having lots of discussion about everything farm!  I am in the process of creating my unit, and adding things every day.  I will post it soon (hopefully this weekend!) and hopefully others can enjoy it too.  Our class has been mainly working on reading an emergent reader I created, and writing about what we have learned.  I stepped it up a notch with the reader, eliminating the tracking dots, adding more text, and loading up on the vocabulary and high-frequency words.  They are doing so well, I can't wait to make another one!  I love the moments when you challenge them and they immediately rise to the occasion.  This has definitely been a good week in teaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment